I have a serious question. Do you talk to yourself? No, really! Are you checking in with yourself regularly to make sure your mental health and well-being are on track?
Well, I happen to chat with myself all the time! :-) Daily mental health check-ins have become a huge priority when it comes to my self-growth and overall happiness. One way I practice mental health check-ins is by asking myself some pertinent questions to make sure I’m feeling okay, on track towards my goals, and living life on purpose.
So while you are making strides in your self-improvement journey, I’d like to share with you some questions to ask yourself that can help guide you toward a goal or help you improve in different areas of your life. You’ll be on your way to becoming your best self in no time!
And remember, there are no right or wrong answers! Instead, view these questions and answers as a way to get a glimpse of your daily mental state and if you need to focus on any area of your life to live a more joyful existence. You see, your self-improvement journey begins when you make the conscious decision to show up and put in the work to get where you want to be. And asking yourself the right questions, no matter how tough they may be to answer, is all just a part of the process of getting there. Ready to tap into your best self? Here are 50 questions to get you started:
1. Did I wake up feeling happy?
2. What do I want to get accomplished today?
3. What am I grateful for?
4. Am I taking inspired action on a current goal?
5. What brings me peace?
6. Am I living life on purpose or on auto-pilot?
7. Am I becoming the person I want to be?
8. Was I productive today?
9. Was I inspired by something (or someone) recently?
10. How would I describe my mood at the end of the day?
11. Who do I regularly lean on for support?
12. How do others depend on me?
13. Was I a good listener today?
14. Was I able to help someone else?
15. Do I consider myself worthy of love?
16. When was the last time I treated myself?
17. Do I feel happy after spending time with those closest to me?
18. Am I able to confidently say no when something doesn’t serve me?
19. Do I prefer alone time or being around others?
20. Have I learned something new about myself recently?
21. What do I want most in life?
22. What does freedom mean to me?
23. Will having more money make me happier?
24. Am I living above my means?
25. Did I put away savings this month?
26. Was I financially responsible today?
27. Am I worried about having enough in the future?
28. Did I spend money on something recently that I now regret?
29. When do I compare myself to others?
30. Was I able to give to someone else?
31. Am I satisfied in my line of work?
32. What am I passionate about?
33. Is the work I’m doing meaningful?
34. Am I making positive strides in my career/line of work?
35. Did I follow through on my commitments?
36. Am I procrastinating on a task?
37. How am I balancing my time?
38. Did I learn a lesson today?
39. Have I given up on anything recently?
40. How can I get better at what I do?
41. How will I take care of my body today?
42. What am I going to do today to practice self-care?
43. What small habit can I change today?
44. Have I done anything spontaneous recently?
45. What am I afraid of?
46. Did I make any excuses for myself today?
47. What lifts my spirits when I’m feeling down?
48. What activities make me lose track of time?
49. What am I doing when I feel most like myself?
50. When I look in the mirror, do I like what I see?
I hope you were able to learn a little more about yourself using these thought-provoking questions! If any of these questions sparked an emotional reaction within you, consider journaling or meditating on these topics a bit more. Self-improvement is an on-going process, so checking in with yourself by asking important questions can help you to achieve an optimal emotional, physical, and financial state.
And to help keep you on the right path, check out this Daily Flow Mini-guide. You can use this as a tool to help you release the fear and anxiety that could be holding you back from being your best self. Ready to let go of self-sabotaging fear and start living your greatest most optimal life? Access your FREE mini-guide today!
Natalie Ledwell is a best selling author, speaker and successful entrepreneur. She's passionate about helping others to achieve their greatest dreams and ambitions through her personal development programs and her online TV show, The Inspiration Show.